Tony began his practice in Mississippi as an associate with the Austin Law firm with a practice primarily focused on civil litigation and domestic relations. In 2001 he co-founded the firm Chamberlin-Nowak, P.C., a general practice firm that also served as counsel to the DeSoto County Board of Supervisors. In 2006 Tony merged his firm with Smith, Phillips, Mitchell and Scott to create Smith, Phillips, Mitchell, Scott and Nowak.
Since 2005 Tony has concentrated his practice on municipal law while serving as the Board Attorney for the DeSoto County Board of Supervisors.
Tony also proudly serves as the Municipal Court Judge for the City of Hernando, a position he has held since 2001.
Tony resides in Hernando with his wife Shelley and grew up in Montgomery, Massachusetts.
COMMUNITY AND PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Past president of the DeSoto Arts Council
- Two time past president of the Mississippi Association of County Board Attorney's Association
- Past member of the Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee for Mississippi
- Ammons v. Cordova Floors, Inc., 904 So. 2d 185 (Miss. Ct. App. 2005)
- Murphy & Sons, Inc. v. DeSoto County Bd. of Sup'rs, 122 So.3d 87 (Miss. Ct. App. 2013)
- Enlarging, Extending and Defining Corporate Limits and Boundaries of City of Horn Lake, DeSoto County v. Town of Walls, 57 So.3d 1253 (Miss. 2012)
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS:
- Exactions and Conditional Zoning – Lorman: July 27, 2006
- Open Meetings Act in Review – Bouchillon Institute: Nov. 13, 2008
- Eminent Domain Summary for County Attorneys – Mississippi Association of County Board Attorneys: Jan. 15, 2013
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst (B.A. 1989)
- Western New England College, School of Law (J.D. 1995)
- U.S. District Courts of Mississippi
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
HONORS & DISTINCTIONS
- AV Pre-Eminent Rating
- Super Lawyers