Colmon S. Mitchell is a graduate of the University of Mississippi Law School. He was a member of the Mississippi Law Journal and Phi Delta Phi and a recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award.
Colmon represents numerous governing and regulatory public bodies at both the municipal and county level of Mississippi government including the City of Batesville, Mississippi, the South Panola School District, and the Panola County Land Development Commission.
He enjoys a broad business and banking
practice and has the privilege of providing
legal advice and services to individuals in the areas of estate planning, the administration of estates, and the acquisition, sale, and financing of real estate.
Colmon and his wife, Mary Lou, also a University of Mississippi graduate, have two children and five grandchildren. Colmon and Mary Lou are members of the First United Methodist Church where he has served as Lay Leader, Chairman of the Administrative Council, and a member of the Finance Committee.
- Class Actions & Multi District Litigation
- Insurance Policyholder Contractual and Extra Contractual Litigation
- Personal Injury & Wrongful Death/Defective Products
- Investment & Financial Product Litigation
- Business Litigation
- University of Mississippi (B.A. 1969)
- University of Mississippi (J.D. 1972)
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Courts of Mississippi
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
HONORS & DISTINCTIONS
- Martindale-Hubbell AV
- Best Lawyers in America
- National Law Journal
“100 Top Verdicts in America” (2002)
- Trial Lawyer of the Year
Mississippi Association for Justice (2009)
- Fellow, Mississippi Bar
COMMUNITY AND PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Lamar Order, University of Mississippi
- Mississippi Municipal Attorneys Association
- Mississippi Prosecutors Association
- Real Estate Section of Mississippi Bar
- Government Section of Mississippi Bar
- Business Section of Mississippi Bar