Colmon S. Mitchell is a graduate of the University of Mississippi Law School. He was a member of the Mississippi Law Journal and Phi Delta Phi and a recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award.
Colmon is the City Attorney for the City of Batesville, Mississippi. He also represents clients in the areas of business, estate planning, administration of estates, and the acquisition, sale, and financing of commercial, agricultural, and industrial real estate.
Colmon and his wife, Mary Lou, also a University of Mississippi graduate, have two children and six grandchildren. Colmon and Mary Lou are members of the Batesville First United Methodist Church where he has served as Lay Leader, Chairman of the Administrative Council, and a member of the Finance Committee.
- University of Mississippi (B.A. 1969)
- University of Mississippi (J.D. 1972)
- U.S. District Courts of Mississippi
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
HONORS & DISTINCTIONS
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Pre-eminent Rating
COMMUNITY AND PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Lamar Order, University of Mississippi
- Mississippi Municipal Attorneys Association
- Real Estate Section of Mississippi Bar
- Government Section of Mississippi Bar
- Estates and Trusts Section of Mississippi Bar